Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas #1...

Every other year we spend Christmas with the In-Laws...

We packed up the car and drove up to Utah...

***We opted to drive instead of fly so we could bring our snowboard gear and gifts for the family***


When we arrived we found the house was decorated head to toe in holiday decor...




The weather was good while we drove but overnight it changed drastically...



We received sad sad news that the other half of the Thompson clan would not be able to make it in time for Christmas...

The PDX airport was shut down for over 3 days due to freezing rain and snow...

***click here to see the sad news***


Most of the presents under the tree were for the little ones and the excitement was quickly deteriorating...



We decided to postpone celebrating "Christmas Morning" until next week during the New Year when the T's brother his wife and the 2 little ones could finally get on a flight to Utah...

Although saddened by the news we tried to make the most of it - it was snowing...


We went snowboarding...


***I will spare you all the gory details of how sick I was and how my balance and body just are not the same as before my accident but... I was a trooper and prevailed... how could I resist playing in the snow anyway - :)***


Opened a couple presents...


***I wrapped T's wedding ring he though he lost months ago...

Don't you just love when a gift generates a super surprise face?!***


On Christmas Eve it is tradition for the Mother-In Laws family get together...


***The parents made homemade soup for the party***



***T had fun chillin' with his sisters***



***I found a new friend Ava***



When we got home our car was filthy from the snow, salt and ice so for Christmas we treated Cami to a little car massage...


***she was waxed for the first time in her life***


We are excited to celebrate again next week...


Can't wait for Christmas #2!

No comments: