Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fresh & Easy...

I am beyond excited...


I have recently found what in my mind is the best grocery store in the whole wide world!!!



The minute I walked into the store I felt like I was back in the NW with wholesome, oraganic and FRESH FOOD everywhere (they pride themselves in selling locally grown produce etc). It is a small supermarket with basic staples as well... to me it feels like a farmers market indoors and the people that work there are usually really nice (not typical in a basic store here in Vegas)... but being that I live in Vegas it is open all the time...How convenient for me!...



They even stand for the "Go Green" concepts (I almost had to shake myself and realize yes yes I am still in Vegas!)...



When I arrive I find they have packaged wonderful meals (serving size is typically for 2 people) or single servings (just for me when T is out of town)... Their meals (thier own fresh&easy line) has NO ADDED TRANS FATS AND NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS OR FLAVORS... they make it from their own kitchen and usually have a shelf life of no longer than a week (talk about FRESH)...


Trevor and I have two totally different philosophies about food. He definitely has an acquired taste and LOVES food. Any and all types. Food is one of his priorities to say the least! For me I could go through an entire day and by the end of the day I don't even realize I forgot to eat... not that I don't enjoy food... I mean who doesn't...


But when it comes to grocery shopping I buy mainly produce and non-processed foods. Sure I will have your occasional bag of chips or ice cream but in general Trevor and I eat pretty healthy (that is when we eat from our own kitchen :). The only problem with this type of grocery shopping is the food usually spoils faster than I/we can eat it and it is pretty spendy to begin with (mind you we live in Las Vegas where almost everything has to be transported here if it fresh and the grocery stores like to make us very aware as the prices reflect the "shipping and handling")...

Now I feel like an bit of an infomercial for Fresh and Easy... I couldn't resist as this store is one of the best finds in a LONG time...


So if you are not sold yet the best part is yet to come... it is not too terribly expensive. If I were to buy all the ingredients and spend the time to make the delicious meals it would take a lot more time and you can't exactly buy a 1/4 bell pepper or 1/2 an onion with a pinch of basil (you get the picture)... for now this grocery store is perfect for a family of 2 and half the time family of the one and only me...





My Favorite Grocery Store!


1 comment:

PSYCHMOM said...

YAY! I love new finds! I think whole foods must be our version out here, but as you know that place is pricey!
p.s. isn't life just happier when you're eating yummy heatlhy things.