Saturday, September 20, 2008

Birthday Wish List...

Hmmm... What do I Want for my Birthday...


Disclaimer - whatever I get it is the thought that counts! This is just a list of my WISHES and definitely NOT MUST HAVES (besides it is so much more fun to dream then to think of the costs or the reality if and when)...


***But let's be honest... some thoughts are better than others!***


I am a sucker for a surprise and to my recollection there has only been one time in my whole life where I was SUPER surprised... and that was the day the husband proposed but that is a whole new story (you can read up on that one in my "Catching Up"- the longest blog posting ever!)...


***Note: the following is not in any particular order ...***



A SPA INDULGENCE...

Although I have become quite versed in the world of spas... I have never had an entire day filled with Spa services or to even step it up a notch how about a entire weekend dedicated to pampering... where I don't have to plan or personally have to pay for a thing... just show up and let the pampering begin (head to toes... from Pedicure, to massage, to a fabulous body treatment (the kind that makes your skin feel so silky smooth and hydrated) to getting my hair cut and colored - you get the idea)... So by the end of the "Spa Indulgence" I am refreshed and relaxed with pretty toes and hair that I can enjoy for days even weeks after the fabulous experience...


A SHOPPING DAY...


I guess I got the idea stuck in my head years ago from the movie "Pretty Women"... a guilt free day of shopping... I would love the input of the most important person I want to impress the husband... I can't even imagine a day filled with shopping for one complete outfit from shoes to clothes to accessories (the husband hates shopping so I bet this is way too far fetched... but that is why we call this our WISH list!)...



A SPONTANEOUS TRIP...


I love to go to places I have never been... The Husband and I love to travel and have great benefits... so it would be fun to fly in somewhere... have dinner and maybe stay a night, explore then continue on our way home... we have done this a couple of times and it is super fun!!! Especially when his company is paying for the fancy hotel room :)...




BE A LAS VEGAS TOURIST...

A night of pretend... even though we live here in Vegas it would be fun to pretend we are tourists here in good ol' sin city. We could go to a show and a fancy dinner on the strip and maybe even stay at a hotel and chill by the pool. Typically we stay as far away from the strip as possible but there are still some shows I would like to see like "Love" and "Le Reve". Besides who knows how long we will live here in Vegas, we might as well live it up :)...


DIAMOND EARRINGS...

You could never go wrong with Diamonds. Diamond anything but as of now I wear the appearance of "worth more than a car" faux diamond earrings. Although they are pretty and fit in perfect with the bling bling that surrounds me here in Vegas I would like real ones someday. I am a reasonable girl... they do not have to be as big as my fakies...



SHOES...



No matter what I will always love shoes. From wedges, to flip flops, to Keens take your pick. Love love love them all. I am typically a size 8.5 (as shoes vary I am between 8-9 just depends on the style and brand of course!)... I found all 3 of these styles online and am crazy about them...





GPS/Navigation...

Our new car will not come equipped with a Navi system... I am terrible at directions and might as well own stock of mapquest.com... I would love one of these...

HATS/BEANIES, JEWELRY AND FUNKY ACCESSORIES...

I am a fan of finding unique and fun things with a bit of a surfer meets snowboarder with a twist of hippie flower power retro style and then I also like my designer clothes with brand names etc... my style is very eclectic but when I am in "my gear" it is easy to tell I am from the Northwest (you don't find many beanies around these parts)...




I guess I should stop the list as I could go on and on... but at least it is easy to see how vain and how I want want want... but honestly not really! I would be happy with a card or just a text or how about my husband being home more often!

I know it is a bit late to put in birthday wishes but who said I have to get any of the above this Birthday... there is always Christmas, Valentines and just those Surprise gifts that show up when least expected... Hint Hint to the Husband (that probably will never read this anyway!) It has taken me Oh... just about 28 years to realize people just can't read my mind... I know hard to believe but true. So there you have it, this my WISH LIST! I am sure that this list will last for years and years to come (thank goodness because this sure takes time to do this blog stuff)...



These are Just My Wishes... NOT Necessities!

*** All in all the best gifts are those I would never think I needed or think to ask for... BUT end up loving the most!***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously where do you find all of those clips?! Looks like a pretty good list though. I was just thinking I should do something like that for Christmas because I get tired of everyone asking what we want or what the kids need. Although photos and the corresponding websites are extremely useful but not on my list of to dos. I'll work on it!!