Oh how I fell in love with Switzerland...
The train ride was absolutely beautiful winding in and out of green pastures and lakes with the Swiss Alps in the distance...
I secretly decided if I was VERY wealthy & wanted a vacation home in Europe it would be in Switzerland - wouldn't it be amazing to go there every year for Christmas?!...
It is so charming and very clean...
The architecture reminds me of the little miniature villages you set up during Christmas - just so whimsical...
Let's be honest - who wouldn't want to live on Swiss chocolate & cheese...

I think I also felt like I met up with an old friend as they speak German there along with Dutch and French...
***I took 2 years of German in High School and even though I didn't quite understand what was being said it just made me feel a little closer to home since we had been in Italian speaking cities for so long it was refreshing***
The people seemed classy and took great pride in customer service (we saw the train guy checking tickets more than any other train the entire time in Italy)...
The shopping was fabulous and for the BIG birthday gift the husband spoiled me with a Swiss watch straight from it's origin...
We had the BEST bratwurst believe it or not but in the train station...
As a side note I didn't realize in Europe you have to pay to use the "toilet" or "pissoir"...
Until we meet again Switzerland...
***I would love to return to Switzerland to go snowboarding and spend time exploring the Swiss Alps - YES!***
Until We Meet Again!
No comments:
Post a Comment