Each train we have been on has been different - the train we took from Florence to Venice was super new and nice...

And we are becoming quite comfortable traveling by train...
Venice was everything I have ever imagined plus so much more...
The whole city is surrounded by water and water taxis are the only way to get to and from each place...
Our hotel was right off the grand canal and less than 10 minutes walk to San Marco Square...
***This was the view of the Grand Canal from our hotel room balcony***
We arrived late but every time we enter a new city we get a new energy to explore so we took a walk and we are so glad we did...

It was romantic and very picturesque...
Once we reached the San Marco Square we found live musicians playing at various restaurants with people dancing and enjoying their food...
Then in the morning we went back during day light to find the same place was under water...
***They had platforms for people to walk on single file and some people just took off their shoes and started to tread through the water -
I have never seen anything like it***

We went into the old cathedral right off San Marco Square that too was under water and the areas that were dry we could feel where the stone was buckling on each other...
The bridges and the canals were so cool - everywhere you turned you were either crossing a bridge or walking by a narrow canal...
I have always loved glass art so I was pretty stoked when I saw this...
It still amazes me that every building is built on water and saddens me at the same time that one day Venice will be completely submerged under water & I just hope it doesn't happen too soon because...


I Absolutely Adore Venice!







No comments:
Post a Comment