Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Diaper Cake...

I MADE MY FIRST "Diaper Cake" several weeks ago for my friends who came to visit us in Vegas...

***I made it literally in the wee hours of the night***


It was cute BUT being the perfectionist that I am...

I made another "Diaper Cake" for my friend Katie from church who just had a little girl...


I figured every parent needs to eventually purchase diapers when they have a new baby...

But let's be honest how exciting is it to receive a box of diapers as a gift...


The "Diaper Cake" is a way to give the necessities that every baby/parent needs and the best part is everything is usable...


The core of the cake is a large bottle of baby powder (to go with the "diaper" theme :)...

The diapers are wrapped around the core and are all usable (no glue, tape etc.)...


To secure the diapers
I search for things that can be reused yet are practical to use later...


***In this case for baby Adelaide Marie I used hair bands to hold the diapers in place with 2 cute x-small belts for some glitter and clip on bows/barrettes for some extra interest***


Congratulations Katie!


Hope You Like Your Cake!

No comments: