Tuesday, October 7, 2008

8 Week Update...

Medical Update - 8 weeks since the car accident...


I saw the Neurologist yesterday and he said it is hard to predict when I will be completely better but he said he would estimate by Christmas or Beginning of 2009 I should start to feel like myself again...

***Yes that is what I said 2009***

I am healing but to me it seems to be very slow and those that know me - know patience is not my best quality :)...


I am scheduled to get an EMG...


***What the heck is an EMG ?***




Electromyography, or EMG, involves testing the electrical activity of muscles.


"People usually have a small amount of discomfort during EMG testing because of pin insertion. Disposable needles are used so there is no risk of infection."


*** Doesn't it make you wonder what "people" they are testing?...***


"During nerve conduction studies, small electrodes are taped to the skin or placed around fingers. You typically experience a brief and mild shock, which may be a bit unpleasant. Most people find it only slightly annoying."


***GREAT! What about those that are deathly afraid of needles... I don't think the world "slightly" would be the proper word!***


Bottom Line the Doc has ordered an EMG because it "may aid with the diagnosis of nerve compression or injury, nerve root injury, and with other problems of the muscles or nerves."



I am down to 2 days a week at the Chiropractor and Physical Therapy...



Every other week going to the MD...



Monthly check-up with the Neurologist...


And now I have been recommended to meet with a pain management Dr. for a consultation...


All of this because I decided to go home to meet Trevor for lunch one day and someone wasn't paying attention to the color RED...




It has helped me to realize for no fault of my own in a blink of an eye my life on this earth could be drastically changed...



Life is Precious


LIVE FOR TODAY



As Tomorrow May Never Come!

No comments: