Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Good-Bye Chelsey...

I am so SAD to say Good-Bye to my old friend Chelsey...


She was the very first car I could say was ALL MINE... while working at the car lot in the summer after my freshman year of college in 2000 this beautiful one owner Jeep pulled up to be traded in...

I fell in love immediately and spent my financial aid money on my new best friend... Chelsey my Jeep!

Although she was born in 1992, I fell in love with her immediately and adopted her with my financial aid money before I went back to college in the fall.  She has been with me ever since.  She was there for me traveling to and from Washington to Oregon and was there to drive through the snow and was crazy good at doing doughnuts.  She has been camping and up even the most rugged terrain.  She was there when I got married and then traveled the world living in places like Salt Lake City Utah to San Francisco California and Las Vegas Nevada while my husband drove her to each and every airport.

She lived an adventurous life with me but had a hard time in Las Vegas.  She was broken into  smashing her window and popped ALL her locks.  Thanks to her barely working keyless entry she helped us to get into her through the back hatch when it was impossible to get through the doors.  

After moving from Las Vegas to Oregon my husband was commuting to Utah and good old Chelsey was there to drive him to and from the airport until... All her doors froze and he couldn't get into her.  Dressed in his pilot uniform he decided Chelsey's reliable days were over.  I was hesitant even though her speedometer didn't work and she had issues with getting in and out...

But, then we felt she really needed some TLC from a college student in Rexburg Idaho who thrives on fixing up Jeeps.  So, at that moment we decided it would be best for Chelsey to get the love and attention she deserves to live on for many years to come.

I will miss you dearly Chelsey and hope your new owners...

Love you as much as I did!

No comments: